Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Power of a Dream :)


"  You'll never have to control your bladder, coz I got pee bags for you..You'll never be in the darkness, coz I got this lamp for you..and most importantly of all you will never go cold coz I got all these body/ hand/ toe warmers for you..Live my dream for me Jas.."  



I read somewhere, that if you can achieve your dreams by yourself, through your own efforts and within your own means, then your dreams are not big enough. If it doesn't even scare you, forget about it. Why is that so? Have you ever wondered?

I have experienced enough and seen enough to understand that " No man is an island. " How sad it is to not be able to lean on someone when you are in need, to not be able to learn from others, when there is a wealth of knowledge waiting to be passed on and to not be able to share, the joy of all the wisdom that you have acquired over the years. You understand better once you are able to explain things to another in your own way. After all, I for one, believe that the meaning of life is to find your gift and the purpose of life, is to give it away.

To achieve your dreams, first you got to start somewhere. Don't just talk about it, do it. In any way you can. When you do good and dream big, amazing things will happen. You'll get help from all sides. You will be surprised to find out that there are others, just like you. Some, who are better. People who were in your shoes once and are now no longer dreaming it but truly living their dreams.

It is this type of people that you should seek to emulate. Open up. Share your dreams. Ask for directions. Have pride in whatever you do. Prove that you are worthy of their effort and time. Don't give up. If they like you enough, they'll stop and listen. They'll guide you on the right path. You do not even have to beg or sell your soul. The right ones will lift you up, be there for you all the way and are the first to cheer you on when you have reached your goals. It could be your own family members, your friends or even strangers who will reach out and nudge you along. Take their hands and move forward. Start today, start somewhere.

There will also be some, who will try and change your mind. These people stopped dreaming years ago and eventually stopped living. They are the walking dead. Too proud, too selfish and too smart for their own good. Stay away from those. Don't be like them. They are empty. You'll end up old before your time, bitter and wasted. You wouldn't want that.

I'll be off to Annapurna Base Camp in a couple of weeks. It is one of my dreams that I did not expect to achieve this year. Financially, I am not ready to indulge. That has proven to not be a hindrance apparently. Much to my surprise and delight, a husband & wife team plus a stranger, have all come together to make this dream of mine come true. I am so grateful to have really wonderful people in my life. Thanks to them, everything has been covered, right up to the tiny details. Even my company has been of much help. I got my long leave approved and one of the best perks of being an airline crew is that, I will be able to utilize my free tickets, to get me there and back again.

You know what's the best part? I am one person who will only ask you for money if it's for a donation to a good cause. I would have died of embarrassment if I were to ask someone to sponsor me to have fun or live my dreams. I have never even asked my husband for anything when I was married to him. I can't even remember ever asking my parents for what I want. Mummy used to say, that it was easy having me out shopping with her. I would just follow quietly. No demands, no tantrums. Life is indeed like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you'll find in there. This is definitely one of the most interesting!

Looking forward to my climb. A story of goodwill that I will definitely share throughout my lifetime :)


Special package above & below, prepared by my girlfriend Casey Ngo for my trip. Everything that I will need that I don't have yet, is there and I didn't even have to ask for it either :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment