Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I AM The Daughter Of A King :)

" Mummy..kan best kalau this didn't happen? I am so sorry Amma..I am so sorry mummy.. " Ryan keeps on saying this same sentence everyday, to my mom & I, for the last few days.. " It's ok baby..You'll be so much stronger after this. " I kept on reassuring him. More so to myself! " It wasn't anyone's fault. Least of all, yours.." I reiterated. " Just be more careful and aware the next time around ok, Ryan. " I reminded him again. He kept quiet and continued doing whatever he was doing earlier.

Ryan was admitted into hospital last Saturday afternoon. I have been with him ever since and shall be here with him for at least another 2 weeks. Sigh...I am so proud of him. Such a brave boy! I got to thank him for keeping me together. I don't think you know what it feels like to see your baby in pain, especially when he is looking straight into your eyes, searching for strength & screaming at the top of his lungs asking you to help make him feel better.

It happened in a blink of an eye. It was a beautiful Saturday morning. We brought the birds down for some sunlight, happily playing by the poolside and reading a story for them. Soon, it was lunch time and mom went up to cook. Ryan decided to follow her. I told them that I'll be up in 10 minutes. The next thing I know, mom was screaming from the window, " Jessie! Jessie! Come up! Emergency! Hurry!! " I tripped and fell over the pool chair. It's not like mom to say such things. The first thing on my mind was..Oh! Don't tell me the Parrots flew away..

By the time I reached the lift, I could hear Ryan screaming. At first I couldn't make out what was said. Then, as I calmed myself down and concentrated, I could hear him yell.." Ow!Ow! It's painful! Mummy! Amma! Help! I am sorry! " I could also hear my mom screaming..I panicked. Shit! Did he cut himself? What?! I ran straight into the house but they were not there. I ran out following the sound of their commotion. Ryan came running from a neighbour's home and stopped abruptly right in front of me. " Don't touch me mummy! " He cried. " It hurts! Pain! Help! " He begged..With eyes full of confusion and shock, he looked at me for answers. I blocked everything out. I could hear mom trying to explain..Neighbour telling us that the car is ready for the ride to the hospital. I looked calmly at Ryan, told him that everything will be alright, mummy's here, we all love you..Stay strong, think good thoughts ya..mummy can feel your pain..don't worry, God is always here to protect us.. I told him it's ok to scream..Let all the pain out..You'll be fine..It did calm him down a bit and he followed me back into the house and told me " Faster! We need to go to the hospital. "

I got my purse and his documents plus his medical card and off we went to seek for professional help. Thank God the hospital was about 15 minutes away. All this while the skin on his neck & chest continued to burn. The hot boiling water was doing its damage. I continued to calm him down as best as I could. Ryan is indeed an amazing boy. I would have screamed louder and probably fainted. He was awake all the while. When we arrived at the ER, he became aggressive. No one was allowed to touch him. He was terrified of more pain. He would only trust me near him. I managed to let him let me put a suppository of painkiller & once the Dr saw him, we were referred to another hospital that has a Plastic Surgeon available to give him the best care available. Without wasting much time, I brought my baby over.

Again, this time he grew more violent than before. He started kicking, biting, spitting and cussing everyone around. By now, it's been more than a few hours & his wound has yet to be cleaned & bandaged! They had to restrain him. I felt like I was witnessing an exorcism. My mom couldn't stand to see him in so much pain. As it is, she already feels horribly guilty about what had happened. Not only did I have to calm Ryan down, I had to also assure my mom that I have full confidence in her and her love, and deep down I know that it was truly unintentional. You see, Ryan wanted to get his water bottle from our small kitchen while mom was busy preparing lunch, and accidentally, his face banged into my mom's elbow from the back, when she was about to turn with a pot of hot boiling water in her hands and it spilled over..unfortunately, onto him.

The first few days in hospital was challenging for him and everyone. He hated the nurses & Doctors for having to trick him by tying him up, sedating him and transferring him into the Treatment Room to scrape off his dead cells and change his dressings. It took at least 6 nurses to bundle him up to avoid him from injuring himself & others further. When he couldn't hit back, he spat and bit. They even had to cover his mouth. He became rude after that. Carrying a potty mouth everywhere he goes. A friend who is NLP trained told me not to worry. It is his way of releasing stress.

After that, I decided to give him more control over his body and self. I made sure to tell him what the surgeon has to say and what treatment was going to happen when. Ryan is only 7 this year, started school a few weeks back and yet, he is very matured for his age. He welcomes the new approach and since then, has been able to accept assistance without much resistance. He's been active & eating well. He has grown attach to some of the nurses. He colored a picture of Sponge Bob Square pants and presented it to his favorite nurse, kak Wati the other day. I like the idea of him trusting them now. It helps a whole lot for him to receive all the help that he deserves.

We have been having visitors everyday.  Nothing beats a familiar face or voice saying hello. Family & friends alike are showering us with abundance of love, care & understanding. Even my employer has been of great help. From near & far, we can feel the love everywhere. Thank you! It could have been worst and for that we are truly grateful. LOVE does conquer all. I am so blessed to be a mother to such a brave little boy :)

I AM The Daughter Of A King, Who Is Not Moved By The World, For My God Is With Me & Goes Before Me. I Do Not Fear because I Am HIS.




1 comment: