Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The week that was :)

Hello. Greetings.. Happy new year to you and yours! How has it been so far? The new year I mean.. 2014 started off amazingly well for me.

For starters, it is my son's first year at primary school. I couldn't help but melt when I saw him in his school uniform. He looked so cute! I cried myself to sleep the night before, you know..How fast time flies, I thought to myself. It's been 7 years since I have become a mummy. It is amazing that I did not realize what a winner I am. Day in and day out, time passes by. I was like a robot. I went into automatic mode. I didn't even stop to think of all the wonderful things that I have accomplished as a single parent throughout these years. Not a single sen from the father and I have managed to put my son through school. I can now imagine how proud a single mom would be, the day her child graduates from high school or university or starts work or gets married or becomes a father..hehe! I guess it'll never end till the day she leaves the world. Even then, I am sure she watches from above..

My first book of the year, recommended by uncle Gordon Van Buerle ( my English tuition teacher in high school ). I enjoyed it very much. Read it at the school grounds. It kept me entertained while waiting for my son, Ryan to finish class.

By the way, I am also going back to school. I have enrolled myself at Uni. Finally another tick, off my bucket's list. Pretty excited about it! It's going to be tough I am sure, with work and all..It is however not an excuse to not do it. Not for me that is. It is about time I develop myself further. With plenty of help and determination, I know I can do it. Another feather off my cap when I am done. Truly looking forward to experience the journey.

First January was a fun day for me. What a great way to start a new year! I was invited to attend Tessie Lim's birthday luncheon that she hosted for a friend. The setting was beautiful, extremely homely with a touch of elegance and the food was of course super delicious. All home cooked. There were 7 of us. Poesy Liang was one of them. The rest are lovely ladies that I have had the opportunity to meet for the first time, thanks to Tessie. One word to sum up that meet ~ Blessed.

                                    Photo taken by Poesy Liang at Tessie Lim's home

I also had tea with Salbiah Haron later that day. A lovely ballet teacher who is an amazing mother and wife. We met when I became a member of Wibawa WoMen, an FB group once co headed by Dina Zaman and now Nik Elin. It is through WW that I met Tessie and Poesy in the first place. We were all invited guests on NTV7, 2 years ago, on a show titled Rising From The Ashes..

                         Mom's birthday dinner last December to end 2013 with lots of love

Dinner on the first day of new year was spent with my family. Best place to be!!!

A few days later, I met up with Jareen, an ex stewardess with MH. She has been a darling! Once in a while, she'll drop by to pass stuff over for Ryan. Her own son is 13 months old now. They named him Samuel.

Jareen Ng & baby


                                                             Samuel & Ryan         


I couldn't have ended the week on a better note. Met up with my Japanese mom & dad in Tokyo. As usual, I was spoilt to bits.

                                        Okasan & Urara chan at our home in Tokyo


                              The view of the Imperial Palace at night from our balcony


                 Till we meet again, please take care. Always with love ~ Okasan & Otosan

2 comments:

  1. Cool to see that the year had an excellent start for you, darling Jasmine! All the best in your studies!

    And if you are looking for something fun to read to release stress, let me know. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you darling! I shall learn as I go..Btw, I still have plenty of fun books to read. Got it from the Big Bad Wolf sale last year. Now, TIME is what I need, hehe :)

    ReplyDelete