Wednesday, September 11, 2013

#SSNC ~ Dr Nor Hafizah Ismail


                                           Dr Nor Hafizah Ismail ~ Your mobile vet

Today, I'd like to introduce you to a friend, Hafizah Ismail, who was an ex flight stewardess with Malaysia Airlines and is now currently a practicing vet as well as a beauty entrepreneur. Married to Captain Zamri Ismail, who is one of the nicest people I have ever had a chance to fly with. We call him *Gem. When you put the two of them together ~ Sparks fly! Awesome twosome :)

                                             Couple of the year ~ " Say what? " 

She's 34 now. She wanted to be a flight stewardess since she was 3 and becoming a vet was her ambition at age 8. A student of BBGS, she graduated from UPM Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in 2003, practised for 2 years, got a bit bored and joined MAS in 2005. She flew till 2008 and then went back to practising while studying for her postgraduate diploma from the Uni of Edinburgh. Along the way, she started her own skincare regime. Since she has always been a little bit obsessed with makeup & skincare, The Closet Mixologist was born about a year ago, after her own skin started getting sensitive again ( It was sensitive when she was little girl, but she outgrew it) . She first started testing products on herself and her willing human 'guinea-pigs'. Everyone loved it as the products are cruelty-free with only botanical ingredients. For your information, this Doctor was also one of the first to learn pole dancing when it first came to our shores!  She did it for fun for more than a year and stopped when her shoulders got injured. 


    The Closet Mixologist's gift packs. This one consists of the Facial Cleansing Oil and the Argan Elixir  ( You can have a look at its page on FB )


When I asked her what she loved most about being M'sian: The food! Too numerous to name.
Penang's her favourite destination. She loves Georgetown; Quote " so clean, and I love the colonial architecture, and food, glorious food! " Unquote.


                                                                                       

I asked for tips on how she kept everything together? From studying to flying to becoming who she is today..her reply ~

" Tips? Haha! I was never a studious person, hated studying subjects I didn't like. I really don't have any tips for that really, except that I had to really love something to be able see it right through the end. It was the same for piano exams as well while I was in school: my piano teacher learnt early on that if I hated my pieces, I would never really put my heart n soul into them. 
Time management was a very alien term to me back then. Basically my 20's just pretty much whizzed past, a lot of experiences, a lot of fun, a LOT of life's lessons learnt. "

She went on to mention that ~ family matters  :)

" What I hold most valuable in life: Allah, my husband, my parents and my brothers. Without them, I will not be the person I am today. "

                                                            Hari Raya gathering with the family

I love what she has to say about dreams and setbacks. I can relate to that :)

" Dreams for the future: I basically dream one day at a time... Looking too far ahead makes people worry unnecessarily. "

"Setbacks? Can't quite think of any. We can turn anything into a setback or an opportunity. It's all a matter of perspective. "

                                                                    Oooh la la..34 and loving it :)

This is what she says when I asked her what it's like being a Pilot's wife :)

" Being married to a pilot: I GET MY SPACE when he's away. I've never been the clingy, have-to-be-with-spouse-24/7 type. Rimas. I appreciate the time I have to myself when he's away, and it's nice to miss him sometimes. I schedule my appointments around his roster, so that we get to spend quality time together when he's around. I don't understand the wives who just HAVE to follow their husbands on almost every single nightstop. Being so clingy is unhealthy. "
                                            

Hafizah celebrated her birthday a few days ago. I was happy to know that they got to spend quality time together. Anything is possible if you put your heart to it :)

                                             Recent birthday dinner with hubby

And guess what he got her as a surprise? Nice one Gem...

                 This year's birthday gift..May you continue making beautiful music together :)


~ Thanks for the lovely pictures Hafizah and for being a part of the SSNC ~

I can only find one link to an interview she had recently : http://www.fz.com/content/through-their-eyes-dr-hafizah-ismail-mobile-vet. Do Check it out :)
***

No comments:

Post a Comment